In your first interactions with potential clients, presentation is everything; that’s why our Essential Marketing Bundle makes sure that your business presence looks just as good as your photography. The Photographer’s Marketing & PR Guide & Calendar helps you figure out what to promote when, and brand accordingly; our Blog & Print Layouts: Pin Me! creates a sleek, social media savvy look; and the Luxe Studio Wedding Magazine elegantly sells your services. Taken together, these three products ensure that your first impression won’t be your last.
<b> Includes </b>
Photographer's Marketing & PR Guide & Calendar
• Overview of Marketing & Public Relations
• Tools for reviewing past and current performance and planning for the future
• A recap of Social Media tools and how to quickly and correctly put them to use
• A Cleaning House action plan that will quickly get you on track
• Advice from Industry Experts on Marketing, Public Relations, Networking & Social Media
• Worksheets to help you follow along with the guide and apply it directly to your own business
• A Marketing & Social Media Calendar with easy-to-follow, no cost, quick and easy tasks and projects for every day of the week!
Luxe Wedding Studio Magazine
• Layered Photoshop PSD files for simple modifications
• 16-page, 8.5x11 fully customizable layout for standard printing as well as digital delivery format
• Editor’s page, for introducing yourself and your services
• Professionally written text, easily customizable
• Back cover space for studio promotions
• Sample client questionnaires
• Favorite vendor feature to spotlight the local businesses you love (and cross-refer!)
Blog & Print Layouts: Pin Me!
• 15 blog templates, each with space for studio branding and optional separator lines
• 9 large templates (1000x3000 px) and 6 sneak peek templates (1000 px wide and varying heights)
• Bundled action makes inserting images fully automatic. Just click play, and enjoy finished products in no time.
• Vector designs may be printed as large as you like
<b> Features and Benefits </b>
It’s Sellable: This is a business education tool that will provide you not only with an overview of Marketing, PR & Social Media, but also with concrete methods to evaluate your business and set a course for a successful upcoming year. The tasks and projects it suggests are at low-to-no cost and will allow you to immediately increase your visibility and reach your business goals.
It’s a Time Saver: With pre-drafted editorial components and pre-designed page layouts, the creative elements are already completed! Simply populate the designs with your images, using Photoshop or InDesign, and follow the included editorial guidelines to tailor your content in no time. The Luxe Wedding Studio Magazine template makes editing a breeze.
It Shapes Your Image: With the tools to create a beautiful online presence, the "Pin Me" Blog & Print Inspiration Board package can help you distinguish yourself (and your products!) as the professional artist that you are, with a little help from the Design Aglow creative team.
<b> Usage </b>
A few notes from Design Aglow about our products.
Customization: This product is an instant download and is fully customizable unless otherwise noted. A support guide is provided with your product, or in our Tutorials section. It offers a generalized overview for customizing the template. NOTE: Both the template and tutorial are designed specifically for professional photographers and assume a working knowledge and intermediate experience with Photoshop and a familiarity with layer masks.
Printing: Unless otherwise noted, all template layouts are formatted for standard professional lab printing. You can print your final products anywhere professional services are provided, however we do include a recommended lab with your download.
Fonts: Most fonts used in Design Aglow products are standard system fonts that may already be installed on your computer, or are easily attainable by downloading from the creators. Due to copyright protection, we are unable to include these files directly in the template, but a quick Internet search for the font online will typically yield several resources (font style names are included with your product for easy searching).
This New York Marketing Print and Web Kit is designed for senior photographers but easily adaptable to any type of photography business, this full branding kit includes everything you need for your printed marketing materials and your social media web presence.
The neutral and modern clean look has an editorial feel and showcases your images as the most important thing.
Just add your logo or make this logo your own and you are good to go!
<b> Set Includes: </b>
THE PRINT SET
- 8x4 promo card front and back
- 2.75x2.75 square business card front and back
- 5x5 trifold for promoting your business
- Rectangular sticker
- 4" x 5.5" Pricing Accordion
- 4" x 5.5" thank you card front and back
THE WEB AND SOCIAL MEDIA KIT
- 2 Facebook banners (one for sale, one normal)
- 2 Twitter backgrounds
- blog header
- desktop organizer
- email signature
- social media buttons for Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest
- email template for a sale
- Facebook Timeline
REFERRAL CARD SET
- 4.5.x5 Postcard design
- Business card size design
PRICING LIST SET
Includes Price lists in the following formats:
- Letter size: 2 pages
- Folded letter size 8.5" x 5.5"
- Accordion (16.5" x 5.5" 4 panel)
- Trifold Accordion (5"x5" folded 5"x15" open)
<b> Compatibility: </b>
This product is an instant download. A basic knowledge of Photoshop is required.
Layered Photoshop templates are compatible with Photoshop CS and above and Elements. For Elements users you need to install and run a provided action on the files to ungroup the layers.
A list of fonts used are included as well as where to find them online, most of the time for free. Actual font files are not included.
Many of our templates may be printed at any lab you wish, as most of them are formatted for standard lab press printing sizes. Some of our templates are specially formatted for a specific product offered by a specific lab. These items will have the lab and template specified in the listing. Most of our choice labs have a free online ordering system called ROES to make ordering our templates easy. You will be able to easily download our templates, add your images and change the text, flatten the file to a JPG and place your printed order with a lab that does press printing.
<b> Actions: </b>
Some Actions are compatible with only Photoshop CS and some with Elements. Please look for the icon under the description for either CS, Elements or both to determine if the set of actions is compatible with your version.
Are you curious about HDR (High Dynamic Range) photography? Do you want to learn the gamut of techniques for extending dynamic range in your photos? Would you like to unleash the full power of HDR photography but don't know the "secrets"?
If the answer to any of these questions is "Yes," then HDR (High Dynamic Range) Bootcamp with Harold Davis is for you!
In this intensive, full-day workshop, Harold will show you how to shoot for HDR, how to extend dynamic range using multi-RAW processing, using automated HDR software including Photomatix and Nik HDR Efex Pro, and hand HDR processing in Photoshop. Harold also reveals the secrets of HDR that you can't learn anywhere else. With the HDR techniques taught in this workshop your photos will never be the same.
Besides mastering HDR techniques, and most important of all, Harold will help you develop your own style of HDR photography.
<b>Who is this workshop for?</b>
This workshop is intended for intermediate to advanced photographers who are new to HDR, or have tried HDR and want to learn more about it, and improve their results.
Please contact us for clarification if you aren't sure if this workshop is appropriate for you.
<b>What to bring:</b>
Your camera (capable of shooting in RAW and with a manual exposiure mode), camera manual, tripod (if you have one), and prepare to be blown away by the power of HDR!
If you'd like to follow the post-production examples please bring a laptop loaded with Photoshop, HDRsoft's Photomatix, and HDR Efex Pro from Nik Software (trial versions of this software are available for free download).
9:30AM - Workshop orientation
10:00 - Understanding HDR (High Dynamic Range) Photography
11:00 - Multi-Raw Processing in Adobe Camera RAW (ACR), Lightroom and Photoshop
12:00 - Shooting for HDR
1:00 - Lunch break
1:45PM - HDR Post-Production Overview
2:15 - Photomatix and Nik HDR Efex Pro
3:00 - Hand-HDR Processing in Photoshop
3:45 - Developing your own HDR Style
4:15 - Review, wrap-up and Q&A
<b>What folks have said about the Harold Davis workshop</b>
- "A great artist and speaker!" W. Anglin
- "Harold is genuine, generous, and gracious - He has a world of knowledge and expertise that he loves to share - his wonderful books show his monumental talents and skill set- his workshops shows the depth of his connecting with others in a very real and personal way." P. Borrelli
- "Awesome! He patiently addressed questions from the audience which contained photographers of all levels , molding his answers to the level of understanding for each of us. His presentations covered a wonderful range of technical knowledge as well as emphasizing the need for images to have an emotional quality. The images he shares are breathtaking and he is generous in sharing many facets of how he captures such beauty." J. Phillips
- "Not all photographers are good verbal communicators. Harold is someone who can DO and TEACH. A rare combination of talents." B. Sawyer
- "He was very giving of his talents and time. The course was very organized and thorough. Loved it! Learned so much!" L. Beck
- "Very creative and a marvelous instructor." Kay S.
- "Excellent. Great new material and clear explanations of techniques and new software."
- "Great day to learn how to better take and process single and bracketed images for maximizing dynamic range."
- "Incredibly helpful workshop. I feel like I now have the knowledge to do HDR the right way."
- "This 'Bootcamp' was well organized , well paced, good - value added content - I enjoyed it and got a lot out of it.
Personal attention in four separate live shoots, from a Pulitzer Prize finalist? Shaka! Loosely translated means, "If you love photography, how can you pass this up"? Now is the time to create National Geographic photographs yourself, mahalo!
In this workshop, Frederic Larson will take you and your companions on a walking photography tour in 3 different locations over three evenings on Oahu Island (Big Island is not included in this workshop). The class provides hands-on photography lessons covering available light, composition, peak action, anticipating a moment, portraiture and street fine art photography.
The experience is offered to all levels of photographers from beginners to the more advanced. Each evening tour lasts 2-2.5 hours.
* Thursday June 20th, 5:30pm - Waikiki Beach (location to be announced)
* Friday June 21st, 5:30pm - Magic Island - Fireworks
* Saturday June 22nd, 6:00pm - Eva Beach - Full Moon
The workshop focuses on learning techniques to photograph people. We have pre-arranged locations for the photoshoot, which give you best background, light, and a unique experience to photograph people.
The platform for the workshop is San Francisco Carnaval. We spend two days photographing various events. Saturday is split between training and photoshoots. In the classroom, you learn the "how-to" with the focus on creativity and finding a personal voice with your images. The photoshoot is about the parade prep, dance troupe rehearsals, group activities and much more. You photograph the "feel" of behind-the-scenes with exclusive access.
On Sunday, we photograph the parade, again with special access not available to the public. The emphasis will be on individuals/groups parading, capturing special moments, anticipating actions. I will show you tricks utilized by expert street photographers.
Throughout the workshop, we'll have review sessions. This is another way to learn from me and from your peers, gain insights on what other saw and sharpen your skills.
Upon signing up for the workshop, you will receive a coursebook that details the photoshoot locations and tips on people photography.
What you'll learn:
•How to photograph people on the street
•Critical elements to make your people photography stand out
•How to approach people
•Tips and tricks the pros use on their photoshoots
•How to evaluate your images and select them for publishing (self, promotion, etc.)
•Photographing with privileged access (what it means carrying a press pass, etc.)
•How to immerse yourself in an event like Carnaval (not to be missed!)
Don't delay your registration. This workshops sells out every year. Hope to see you in May in San Francisco.
Unleash your imagination in this unique photography event - one that will lead to the path of inspiration.
Challenge yourself and take this giant leap forward in creativity. And don't come back from vacations with the same ordinary photos, ever again.
Bring your digital SLR camera and join Belinda for an evening photography workshop. Learn the fundamentals of an ordinary vs. an extraordinary photograph, the do's and don'ts of operating the camera's manual settings. Yes, that means breaking out of your auto mode, and refine your approach to see the world around you. Get hands-on practice and receive immediate feedback. Compare your shots to others: you'll be learning from each other. This interactive workshop will equip you with the skills to create your next portrait and landscape photograph at a new high level.
All levels of amateur photographers are welcome.
5:30-6:30: guest arrival, networking, wine and hors d'oeuvre
8-8:30pm: Q&A and networking
Requirement: You need to bring a digital SLR camera.
Do you want pictures of your children they will cherish their entire life, and pass down to future generations? Have you recently acquired a digital SLR camera, but don't exactly understand how your camera works? Let Belinda show you how to create truly genuine photos of your precious little ones that your family will treasure forever.
In this Saturday workshop, bring your digital SLR camera and gain hands-on practice with your camera's manual settings, develop a refined approach on focus, exposure, composition, depth of field, and shoot like a pro with both natural light and dim light situations.
This workshop is guaranteed to equip you with the skills to capture the spirit of your children, create beautiful images during family visit, vacations and more. Beginner or intermediary level photographers interested in children and family portrait photography are recommended. A Digital SLR camera is required.
This unique private art fair is aimed at visitors to San Francisco with a specific interest in the fine arts. The agenda will bring participants up to date with one of the hottest trends in the art market - the blending of digital techniques into the tradition of art painting. Participants will gain familiarity with the work of master artist and printmaker Harold Davis, who will be on hand to present his work and answer questions. At the conclusion of the event, participants will receive a complementary print as a gift, and also have the opportunity to add to their art collections via private purchase.
- Orientation and exhibition
- Introducing the work of Harold Davis
- Understanding photographic printmaking in a digital world
- Oversize print substrates - show and tell
- Chance to purchase original Harold Davis prints
- Presentation of complimentary gift prints
Each participant receives a complementary original, signed Harold Davis print. ($750 value).
Death Valley is an amazing national park and winter is the best time to visit and photograph it.
In this workshop, we will be shooting in many of the most popular sites in the valley including:
- Zabriskie Point
- Dante's View
- Furnace Creek
- Artist's Palette
- Rhyolite Ghost Town
- Salt Creek Oasis
- Giant Sand Dunes
We will be car pooling from the Bay Area starting at 8:00 am on Friday, January 11, 2013 and returning late in the evening on Monday, January 14, 2013.
Because of the distance, we will be traveling most of the day on Friday although we will make stops on the way. There will be 2 full days of photography in the park on Saturday and Sunday. On Monday morning, we will do an early morning shoot before departing for the Bay Area.
Workshop Cost: $195.00 (A really great price). Hotel, transportations and meals not included.
This will be a really special workshop and hope you can join us.
Photos by Cheri Kanaan and Jack Sutton
The largest number of Bald Eagles in the continental US migrate to the Klamath Basin in winter to feast on the large numbers of birds especially ducks. I bet you thought that Bald Eagles were only fish eaters - I know that I did but that is not true.
This gathering occurs for only a few weeks in January and February. I recently talked to rangers at the Visitor's center who confirmed that there are already quite a few eagles in the reserve and that the weekend of January 25 and 26 would be a good time to visit.
Since we will be staying in the city of Klamath Falls, we will be close to the beautiful Crater Lake Natural Park. Here is a link to a website with information about Crater Lake. You can also do a Google search for "Photos of Crater Lake".
We will be leaving Friday night about 6:00 pm and will car pool to the hotel in Klamath Falls. On Saturday morning will travel to Crater Lake for some early morning images of this beautiful area. Next we will travel to the Lower Klamath Wildlife Refugee to photograph Bald Eagles and other wildlife. On Sunday, we will return to the reserve for a full day of shooting Bald Eagles and other birds and wildlife. After Sunset on Sunday, we will drive back to the Bay Area.
We will be setting up car pools to save on gas. The hotels in Klamath Falls are pretty inexpensive but I will try to set up a group rate.
This workshop will be held only if the weather is clear. If it rains, the workshop will be canceled and everyone will get a full refund.
Hope you can join us.